In May 1921 the East Brent War Memorial was dedicated to the men of the village that fell during 1914 – 1918.
This memorial is considered unusual in appearance compared to others being built at the time because of the statues representing the four services. Contemporary accounts also comment on the striking appearance of the memorial at its distinctive location of the junction of the Old Bristol Road and the Weston Road.
A. Ruscombe Emery, the mason firm that created the memorial were also responsible for the building of others in the county at Broadway, Catcott, West Huntspill, East Huntspill and Brean.
Further information about the memorial and the location can be found here: